Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The last walk out

“Sir”, I raised my hand with a black pen clutched in it like an Olympics torch. My intentions weren’t much different either. I just wanted to run away from there. The invigilator looked at me with a usual smirk on his face.
It was my 2nd internal test in an elective. I had conveniently chosen this elective, only to avoid the lecturer who handled the other elective, after giving fantabulous answers in his classes, in the previous semester. He thought I was dumb! Was I?!!!
Ok ok… like a VTU engineer, let me stick to the topic.
In the 2-hour break jus before the test, Piax made a desperate effort in teaching me the subject. I managed to mug quite a few answers in the form of abbreviations like CRASI^3D^2, CPCAP^5I and many more. But mapping these answers with the right questions was a Herculean task. I knew the questions n the answers but didn’t know how to match them… what a pity!!! In the meanwhile zluto n nut were err… putting full throttle mug ;)
I saw baby, halappa, kaage, mamashri, Mr.San n a few others holding a “panchayat”. I gave up on the test n joined the deliberations. We planned the proceedings of the internal till it was time.
Now, back to present tense. All the “panchayat members” wore their id cards, got a full stationery shop n chose the best places to grab attention. But what did they prepare so much for?!!!.….. Walk out ;)
With my hand raised, I asked the invigilator for a question paper. But he had fallen short of them. Mr.San, macho, baby n others who were involved in the plan offered their papers.

Thanks, but no thanks ;)

He was about to go out to fetch more papers when I suddenly stood up n said,


“Its ok sir, I don’t mind not getting a question paper”.

But the invigilator took it in the wrong sense. “Oh! You already know the questions then! Go ahead n answer”, he said. I was waiting for the attendance sheet. Halappa, master of fine arts (of making chits) was warned thrice for nothing (till date he has never been caught for copying duh!). Mamashri n the “poisonous snake” turned out to be traitors. They were answering the paper! Five minutes later, all the “soooperstars” had finished signing their “autographs”. We all walked out together, grabbing attention n disturbing every single person possible. The strength of the hall reduced to less than half! On the way out, a senior lecture caught us. “Who let you out so soon I SAY?” he said. It was more of a threat than a question. But the soooperstars were giggling. He had no other choice but to let us go.
This was our last opportunity to walk out of an internal, n we did it in style.


P.S: This BULLCRAP is based on engineering principles, i.e., an assumption had been made that none of us will walk out of the 3rd internal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home